Yesterday, i went to doctor for checking my health. I've been sick for almost a week, i have cough n flu non-stop in that one week. As my mom didn't stand the sound of my cough again and again, my mom told me to go Dr.Andreas. I've never been to that doctor, although my dad n my lil' bro had gone there to have some diagnoses and prescription. I heard, this doctor is really good, even my lil' bro who had Dengue Fever symptoms, recovered in about 3 days! And he didn't have to go to hospital...

I finally went there. The place is in the low-middle class neighborhood. It's a private practice and many low-class people went there for prescriptions. The place is really simple, not a doctor-like practice. When i finally got my turn, i entered the doctor's room. There are some points that i made me think this doctor is kinda eccentric :

1. The doc didn't work alone, his wife become a doc's assistant. Kinda like nurse. I think it's romantic since they do this work together for a long time. They are an old couple. They corrected each other mistake in the doc's room.

2. The doc is a very strict teacher. He repeated that the drug must be taken I HOUR after u eat. "If you eat breakfast @ 7a.m, u take the medicine @ 8a.m". He repeated that over and over again.

3. The couple (doc n his wife) didn't open the practice at their home. So this small practice in the middle of low-class neighborhood is actually a rented house. They think it will be troublesome if they open their practice at their home. (It's kinda weird, cause usually all doctors private practice is at their home, so it's more convenient that way, right?)

4. The couple are REALLY HONEST. There are no doctors that will show u their medicine REAL price. Dr.Andreas show the original price of my medicine from the box is Rp.254.000. He gave me half from the box, so it will be about Rp.125.000. And with a bottle syrup for cough, all of them is about Rp.150.000. The doc said, "With this, u know that i'm not lying about the medicine's price. I gave u the real price." Usually, doctors can give the medicine price in any price they want. But this one, he really showed his price. He is so kind...

5. Talking to the doctor and te nurse didn't feel like talking to real doc. The first impression u get is u're looking at ur friend or ur neighbor. So, they checked me while talking about the election. Dr.Andreas also talked about how boring being a doctor.
Dr. Andreas : "U know, being a doctor, i always do this everyday. Everyday, from the time it's open until it closed. Do you want to work like this?"
He asked that question to me. The tone is like he's bored with his work. How unusual.... (Well, if it is me, i will. Why not? u already had a job!)

Those are some points that i can tell u about the doc. U'll be laughing if u met them, it'll be nothing like a doctor. It's like you're chatting with ur grandma and grandpa. But then again, they really did their job excellently. They prescripted and give the medicine, so u don't have to go to drug store (their medicine price even cheaper than buying it at drug store).
I think, they did their job like this because they wanted to help people. They become doctor and nurse to help those who are unable to have prescription from hospital. They already had succesful children and a good life, so i think, they didn't do this job for money. They really are loyal to their job. I hope, this can be a model for you guys out there who want to be a doctor.
Not becoming a doctor so you can only look for money, but to help people with a sincere heart.